Name: Tara Shanahan
Role on committee: Ladie’s Team Captain (Road Races)
1. When did you join Arena:
2. How long have you been running:
I started in 2009, was properly obsessed by 2010.
3. Where did you grow up:
Worthing, I used to gaze along the coast and dream of living in Brighton.
4. Do you like chocolate and if so what’s your favourite:
I do like chocolate. Galaxy Cookie Crumble please.
5. Apart from running what else do you do with your free time:
At the moment redecorate my mum’s flat. The normal stuff, watch TV, go to the cinema, eat out, stare at the walls. And I like knitting!
6. What music are you listening to at the moment:
I have eclectic taste. Underworld’s new album is good for running to but at home I like a more chilled, melancholy vibe.
7. Tell us about something you would happily do again:
Walk solo around the island of La Gomera. I did it in January and was in heaven.
8. What website do you visit the most:
9. Who is your sporting hero:
Paula!!! Obvs!! (Joe Ashley’s favourite)
10. Tell me about someone you really admire:
Jo Pavey, for her ordinariness and her extraordinariness. I admire the way she’s stuck with the sport for the love of it even though the glory was late coming.
11. Have you anything on your bucket list that you still want to do:
Only running related ones. Get more PBs and run in interesting places.
12. What makes you happy:
Nothing beats PB pride! And dogs.
13. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go:
I like walking so somewhere with amazing scenery, perhaps Norway.
14. Name 3 people (dead or alive) you would like to sit in a pub with:
It takes me a while to feel comfortable with people I don’t know so I would choose 3 close friends.
15. Tell us something we don’t know about you:
No! If you don’t know it, it’s cos I don’t want you to know it!
16. How often do you check your phone:
Every couple of hours.
17. What is your biggest accomplishment in your life sporting or non:
Winning the Steyning Roundhill Romp 2015! My first and only first, apart from parkrun. I’m also quite proud of my 19.10 parkrun PB.
18. What gives you a buzz:
‘E’ ……(for exercise!)
19. If you didn’t run what other sport would you like to have done:
I don’t like team sports so maybe something like tennis although I never play it. I do like cycling and occasionally go bouldering.
20. What’s the last concert or gig that you went to:
Lonelady at Patternz late last year.
My big thanks to Tara Shanahan for taking part in this weeks Q&A’s. We’ll have another committee member for next Wednesdays set of Q&A’s.