We are joined this week by the girl with the biggest smile on the running scene (see photo above). Amanda is one of the friendliest people you cold ever wish to meet and is never short of fun and enthusiasm whenever you see her. Amanda is also one of the Run Brighton ambassadors http://runbrighton.com/ during the summer and winter seasons. She has been a part of that team since 2014 and did in fact join Arena because so many of the ambassadors were Arena members (admin says “the club that likes to give back”). She is an obvious choice for this role as she helps to encourage those embarking on their marathon journey with her fun loving personality. You couldn’t wish for a better ambassador to have along side you. Lets find out a little more about Amanda Hall.
Name: Amanda Hall
1. When did you join Arena:
2. How long have you been running:
I’ve always run, just sometimes more than others.
3. Where did you grow up:
Brighton & Hove.
4. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning:
What day is it?
5. What do you do for fun:
Tend my allotment, run, sea-swim, go to gigs, read….I try and avoid doing anything that isn’t fun as much as possible.
6. Name 3 things you couldn’t live without (excl family):
The countryside, music and bed.
7. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be:
Garlic and chilli prawns with crusty bread. Does that count? I don’t really like “dinners.”
8. What’s your favourite app on your phone:
What I will say is View Ranger – You can track your routes on ordinance survey maps. What I actually use the most is Facebook – much to my continued shame. I am trying to cut down though.
9. Who is your sporting hero:
Can I have two? Zola Budd and Nadia Comaneci.
10. What would you say to your younger self:
11. Where’s your favourite hangout place:
The Westbourne pub on Portland Road.
12. What’s the last concert or gig that you went to:
Stevie Wonder in Hyde Park.
13. Is there anything you hope to achieve in the next 5 years:
I’ll be happy with staying alive.
14. What type of music do you like most:
Depends what day you’re asking – I will listen to almost anything. At the moment Hank Williams, Peter Tosh and Pink Floyd are vying for the coveted “most played” spot. I like all the music.
15. What’s something we don’t know about you:
I’m currently studying horticulture at Plumpton College. And for anyone that knows that already; I don’t like bananas.
16. What’s the last photo you took on your phone:
A picture of me and my boyfriend at Devil’s Dyke this morning.
17. What is the last film you saw at the pictures:
Star Wars – The Force Awakens. I hardly ever go to the cinema – you have to sit still for too long.
18. What was the first song you ever purchased:
Under the Boardwalk by Tom Tom Club. I was only seven and thought they were singing under the Bourbon which was my favourite biscuit at the time. Come to think of it, still is.
19. When did you last eat something home grown:
Today – chard from Ted’s allotment and beetroot from mine in a smoothie. Mmmmm!
20. What one thing are you most excited about in 2016:
It being over….Not a big fan of 2016 so far I’m afraid.
Our biggest thanks to Amanda for her Q&A’s and a great read this week. Check back next Wednesday for another set of Q&A’s with our chosen club member.