This week’s choice is a relatively new comer to Arena 80 but definitely no stranger when it comes to running. For those of you that have been at the track recently the you will surely not have missed the sun kissed lady in the white vest top. Soulla joined Arena as she wanted to improve on speed for her next marathon as she says and I quote “I’m a plodder when it comes to running”. I beg to differ as her half marathon time clocks in at 1.31 and her marathon time clocks in at 3.14 (admin says “I wish I could plod that fast”). So let’s find out a little more about Soulla.
Name: Soulla Wright
1. When did you join Arena:
2. How long have you been running:
About 10 years
3. Where did you grow up:
Brighton born and bred.
4. What was the last thing you ate:
5. Where’s your favourite hangout place:
Any good coffee shop.
6. What’s your biggest inspiration:
7. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be:
Pad Thai with prawns
8. What 1 thing would you take with you on a deserted island:
Kindle (full of good reads)
9. Who is your sporting hero:
Has to be Paula Radcliffe
10. What types of holidays do you prefer:
Long Hot ones!
11. Is there anything you hope to achieve in the next 5 years:
Would love to run all the major marathons but due to time and finances will probably take a bit longer than 5 years!
12. What makes you happy:
13. What’s your all-time favourite film:
14. What is your motto in life:
Never regret anything that made you smile
15. What’s something we don’t know about you:
I was once so bored at work I pretended to faint so I could go home. ( in my defence I was a teenager and it was a very boring job)
16. What’s the one thing you can’t live without:
17. Describe your childhood days:
Dysfunctional but happy
18. What makes you go wow:
Gary McKivetts marathon times!
(Admin says: Gary McKivett London 2016 – 2h 36m 41s and 2nd in the men’s marathon club records).
19. First celebrity crush:
Morton Harket from Aha
20. Name 3 (dead or alive) people you would like to have round for dinner:
Our biggest thanks to Soulla for her Q&A’s and we hope that you have now got to know Soulla a little better. Check back next Wednesday for another set of Q&A’s with our chosen club member.