This week’s choice we have finally managed to complete the fourth member of the ladies Musketeers team. Kerry Scott completes the group that have been so successful together over the last year. This all action girl is a great asset to the Arena ladies team and we have seen her running much improved over the last year or so. Always a smile for everyone and another of those “really nice people” who you would love to have as your friend. Let’s find out what makes Kerry tick.
Name: Kerry Scott
1. When and why did you join Arena:
I joined Arena in summer 2014. I’d just moved down from Birmingham and wanted to join a club to meet some people and try to improve my running at the same time.
2. How long have you been running:
About 16 years on and off. More concertedly for the last 6 years.
3. Where did you grow up:
Beautiful Broadstairs in Kent. I’m a seaside girl at heart.
4. What do the last five words of the last text sent to you say:
Do kisses count as words? I’m assuming not so: ‘January – book us in Brighton!’ It was one of my friends arranging a visit for next year.
5. What types of holidays do you prefer:
Long ones. We mostly like ‘doing stuff’ (skiing, walking, exploring & seeing things) complemented by a bit of lazing around.
6. How long does it take you to get ready to go out:
Too long – I’m always late.
7. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning:
Can I go back to sleep?
8. What’s your favourite kind of drink:
9. What makes you bored:
Celebrity news & watching daytime TV … Maybe with the exception of a Tipping Point!
10. What would be the hardest thing for you to give up:
Exercise. And hair straighteners.
11. What were you like a school:
Bit of a goody-two-shoes. I loved school and was pretty studious (egged on by my teacher parents).
12. What is your one weakness:
Crisps (the kettle chip type).
13. Who was you first celebrity crush pop star and TV star:
Pop star: Mark Owen (Take That – obvs).
TV star: Luke Perry (Beverley Hills 90210).
14. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 72, and find line 9, what does it say:
It says: Little Giant (apparently that’s a Lower East Side restaurant in New York).
15. Tell us something we don’t know about you:
I have (proudly) appeared on two TV game shows.
16. Who is your sporting hero:
Can I have two?
Hero: Mo Farah.
Heroine: Martina Navratilova.
17. What one thing do you like to do the most:
Enjoy Friday night drinks with my husband and/or friends.
18. Apart from running what else do you like to do in your free time:
Buy running stuff, walk by the sea, catch up with friends, buy more running stuff.
19. Last gig you went to:
Comedy: James Acaster.
Music: Years and Years.
20. Have you ever baked a cake, who for and was it a success:
No – my culinary talents are pretty limited. It’s safer & tastier to buy.
Our biggest thanks to Kerry for her Q&A’s this week and we hope that you have now got to know Kerry a little better. Check back next Wednesday for another set of Q&A’s with our chosen club member.