For this week’s choice we have one very colourful Emma Habba. For those that haven’t had the chance to chat with Emma then all I can say is that there is more to Emma than meets the eye.. Emma has made such great progress since joining Arena and has hit many PB’s along the way. A lady that quietly goes about her job on the track but someone who pushes herself to the very end. A most lovely lady to hang with and an asset to Arena 80. Let’s find out what makes Emma Habba tick …
Name: Emma Habba
1. When and why did you join Arena:
October 2014, it seems longer though … is that a good or a bad thing?!
2. How long have you been running:
I’ve run for fitness since my 20s but I didn’t start training properly until I joined Arena.
I enjoy running for many reasons, getting faster times is a happy by-product.
3. Where did you grow up:
4. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning:
It is dark, very dark.
5. What do you do for fun:
Dancing around my kitchen and I do enjoy a bit of karaoke.
6. What’s the first thing you notice about somebody
I would like to say something like “their smile” but it would probably be their height.
7. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be:
That is extremely difficult as I do like food but sourdough toast with really ripe tomatoes and salt would tick the box.
8. What’s your favourite app on your phone:
Deezer … especially their “Flow” feature… never to be mixed up with my husband’s account, I don’t like running to Prog Rock much…
9. Who is your sporting hero:
In terms of athletics it would be Steve Cram.
10. Without looking, guess what time it is and how close were you:
11. Have you ever had or do you have a nickname:
Just Em … it’s Emma if I’ve been naughty.
12. What makes you happy:
Sunshine and happy children (my own preferably).
13. What was the last film you watched:
Trolls … yup, that’s my life right now.
14. What type of music do you like most:
General pop (sorry, not cool). And classical piano.
15. What’s something we don’t know about you:
I used to be a derivatives trader in the City.
16. What would be your perfect evening:
An early evening run, then Chilli Pickle with friends after a cocktail or two.
17. What are your favourite sweets:
Not sweets, CHOCOLATE, the good stuff.
18. What was the first song you ever purchased:
Kylie Minogue or Whitney Houston … I think I was trying to not follow my sister who was more of a Def Leppard fan.
19. What was the last thing you bought:
A collection of novelty Christmas fancy dress items from the pound shop.
20. What’s the best thing about living in Brighton:
Big skies, fresh air and interesting, open-minded people.
Our biggest thanks to Emma for her Q&A’s this week and we hope that you feel that you have now got to know Emma a little better. Check back next Wednesday for another set of Q&A’s with our chosen club member.