For this weeks “Get to Know”, we have a member that joined us at the start of the year as Lorraine only joined us in January. She is a regular at both Monday night track sessions as well ad the Hove Park sessions. Lorraine only started running a couple of years ago so in running terms still fairly new to it all however that has not stopped her from making a name for herself by winning the prestigious ‘most improved athlete’ at this years Arena awards night. You’ll always find Lorraine checking her watch as she runs to see if she has got her pacing right and I’ve never seen this girl slack at the training sessions either. A lovely girl to go with it all as well so without further ado let’s check in with Lorraine Hale…
1. When and why did you join Arena:
January 2017. I am new to running so wanted to improve by going to some training sessions where I knew I would be pushed. I also wanted to meet new people who I could run with.
2. How long have you been running:
I did my first Park Run in March 2015, and before that I hadn’t run since I was at school. Every running distance has been a first for me and I now wish I started running years ago to see how fast I would have been.
3. Where did you grow up:
Crawley, West Sussex.
4. What do the last five words of the last text sent to you say:
Chip time was 00:46.46 Congratulations!
5. What types of holidays do you prefer:
Any holiday where the sun is shinning as I love the heat and can lay in the sun for hours. Shopping trips with my friends and ski-ing holidays with my family.
6. How long does it take you to get ready to go out:
I would say about 30 minutes but my husband would say at least an hour!
7. What do you like about living in Brighton:
The Lanes, I love walking through the lanes and having lunch or dinner in a new restaurant that has opened.
8. What’s your favourite kind of drink:
9. What makes you bored:
Sitting in traffic.
10. What would be the hardest thing for you to give up:
11. What three words describe you:
Caring, easy-going and emotional.
12. What is your one weakness:
Handbags! I have a bit of a collection and have to tell my husband they are always such a bargain and I have had them for ages.
13. What makes you happy:
Spending time with my family and friends, travelling, shopping, eating out and running.
14. Tell me something you would happily do again:
Go to Australia. I loved it there and it wasn’t even on my list of places, I wanted to visit.
15. What’s the most amazing thing you have ever done:
Giving birth to my two beautiful children without any pain relief.
16. Who is your sporting hero:
17. What one thing do you like to do the most:
Travel. I like to go to new places and experience different cultures.
18. Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous:
I always plan everything and am very organised. My husband says, I always have an itinerary.
19. Quote a line from one of your favourite songs:
“Sometimes I feel I’ve got to Run away, I’ve got to get away from the pain you drive into the heart of me”.
Tainted Love by Soft Cell.
20. What is your favourite colour and why?:
Pink. You must have noticed as every running outfit is Pink! I am very girlie so just love Pink.
Our biggest thanks to Lorraine for her Q&A’s this week and we hope that you feel that you have now got to know Lorraine a little better. Check back next Wednesday for another set of Q&A’s with our chosen club member.