Name: Bob Page
Role on committee: Chairman & Head coach
1. When did you join Arena: 1992 Membership number 485
2. Why did you choose Arena: Don’t like red and Phoenix had Ovett so Arena needed Page
3. How long have you been running: Taking it seriously since 1991
4. What got you started: Lower back problem stopped me playing golf or squash and running seemed to help
5. Isn’t running boring: Same routes in training and same race year in year out does, so I have many routes and travel to races that interest me.
6. What was the best advice you have ever been given: Live long
7. What is your biggest accomplishment in your life sporting or non: Going sub 70 for first time in golf.
8. Who is your sporting hero: Jimmy Greaves
9. What’s your running song: Don’t have one.
10. What’s your favourite piece of running kit: Arena hoodie
11. If you didn’t run what else would you be doing: Same as I do now
12. What’s your biggest inspiration: Watching runners becoming the best they can
13. What would you say to your younger self: Do it all again
14. What’s your favourite place on earth: Love it all
15. What’s the one thing you can’t live without: Breathing
16. What’s your favourite food: Cake – lots of
17. What’s the greatest invention ever: Central heating
18. What would be your dream sandwich: Audrey Hepburn/Me/Jenny Hughes
19. What’s your favourite word or phrase: See your at marathon pace tonight
20. Anything else you’d like to share: Debt