Name: Holly Freeman
Role on committee: Social Secretary
1. When did you join Arena? – Er….ask Jenny Hughes….! I believe it was June 2012. I was previously a member of the Running Sisters, for which I was also on the club committee.
2. How long have you been running? – I started running in 2005 – bereavement in my immediate family drove my initial running interest as a way to fundraise for Cancer Research UK, I now run for different reasons.
3. Where did you grow up? – I was born in Edmonton, (north London) and grew up in Welwyn Garden City, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.
4. What was the last thing you ate? – Quinoa and chickpea salad; I like to eat healthy, nutritious and natural food as much as possible. I have recently completed a 6 week course learning about nutrition and the science of the body which I think we all take for granted.
5. Where’s your favourite hangout place? – Anywhere in the sunshine, I love heat and I love the sunshine.
6. What’s your biggest inspiration? – The many wonders of the world, of which many, I have been lucky enough to see first-hand. Friendly, energetic, positive, selfless people (regardless of what they have in life) also inspire me.
7. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? – Homemade lasagne
8. What 1 thing would you take with you on a deserted island? – I would take a best friend, experiences are much better when shared and I wouldn’t know what to do with myself on my own. I would of course go to the deserted island with my running gear on.
9. Who is your sporting hero? – I don’t really have one, maybe Chris Froome, maybe Haile Gebrselassie, but for me it is anyone that achieves on any level, if it is achieved by putting in dedication, focus, discipline, strength and determination to their sport.
10. Which are your favourite smells? – Freshly baked bread and the smell of the outdoors; the seaside/countryside
11. Is there anything you hope to achieve in the next 5 years? – I would like to get to be a better runner, but I am not sure that is going to happen. I would like to have dived in a new location and walked the Camino de Santiago.
12. What makes you happy? – Being around smiley, energetic people, feeling fit and healthy and drinking ale!
13. What’s your all-time favourite film? – The Outsiders
14. What is your motto in life? – If it doesn’t kill you it only makes you stronger.
15. What’s something we don’t know about you? – I have done both a bungee jump and a parachute jump in the same day!
16. What’s the one thing you can’t live without? – Friendships
17. Describe your childhood days? – Going to Roller Disco, playing tennis, playing in the woods, in swallow holes…for example…
18. Why do you run? – I run to lose weight and to be healthy and to encourage others to exercise and be healthy. I also run because it is sociable, it brings people together. I run because I like to try and achieve, there is no better feeling than completing a race, especially if you have clocked a p.b.
19. First celebrity crush? – Tom Cruise
20. Name 3 (dead or alive) people you would like to have round for dinner? –
(Do you think I am shallow?)
Thank you Holly for giving us an insight into you life.
There will be another ‘get to know’… next Wednesday.