For this weeks chosen club member we are joined by the lovely and gentle Jo Peckham. A girl with a lovely smile and although she may seem placid there is a very adventurous side to Jo. It’s been wonderful to watch Jo’s progression with her time at Arena and she has a very unique style to her running but it’s also very effective. Jo is lovely company to hang with and a pleasure to have on board. So lets find out a little about what floats Jo’s boat.
Name: Jo Peckham
1. When and why did you join Arena:
Last Autumn – to keep me on the straight and narrow!
2. How long have you been running:
About a year and a half.
3. Where did you grow up:
4. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning:
Who’s making tea!? Then….it’s sunny! Let’s get outside!
5. What do you do for fun:
Eat, drink and travel – I love an adventure! Especially if it involves a bit of wild swimming.
6. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be:
Anything Italian – pizza, pasta, ice cream.
7. Who is your sporting hero:
my dad – he’s an intrepid explorer and recently back from tracking through the off-grid depths of Nepal at the age of 70!
8. What makes you happy:
Being by a beach, climbing a mountain, reading a good book, the wilderness in Scotland.
9. What was the last film you watched:
Mustang – a fab film about girls fighting against the patriarchy in Turkey.
10. What type of music do you like most:
current to tunes on Spotify include Grimes, Lorde, Little Dragon Young Fathers – also enjoy a bit of old school soul and 90s R&B!
11. What’s something we don’t know about you:
I almost didn’t get to go on my honeymoon as I typed in the wrong name when booking flights!
12. What would be your perfect evening be:
Something spontaneous – leading to more spontaneity!
13. What was the first song you ever purchased:
Probably a Nirvana album.
14. What was the last thing you bought:
A Topic chocolate bar.
15. What’s the best thing about living in Brighton:
The weather! After enduring the drizzle in Glasgow.
Our biggest thanks to Jo for her Q&A’s this week and we hope that you feel that you have now got to know Jo a little better.
Next week is a week long special as part of our history of the club week. We will have a Q&A from 5 of our long standing members so make sure you check in on Monday for the first of these.