We are joined this week by a relatively new girl to Arena in terms of time at the club. Kirsty has come on from strength to strength since she joined the club. Always greets with a big smile and a girl that always puts the effort in at training. Kirsty will be one to watch over the next year and always a pleasure to hang out with. Lets find out a little more about Kirsty Parker.
Name: Kirsty Parker
1. When did you join Arena:
2. How long have you been running:
First started when I was about 10, running for Hyndburn AC but gave it up when my social life got in the way. Re-started when training for the 2010 Brighton Marathon.
3. Where did you grow up:
Accrington, a proper Northern girl!
4. What do the last five words of the last text sent to you say:
Thanks for a lovely evening xxx
5. What types of holidays do you prefer:
A bit of adventure…Last year I took the girls to France for a week of camping without Dan then we had a wedding where he joined us. We then went on to meet up with 3 families and kayaked down the Ardeche before another week of camping on the South coast. Perfect.
6. How long does it take you to get ready to go out:
Minutes. I don’t suit makeup so there isn’t much else to waste time on.
7. What would your epitaph say:
Stubborn as a mule.
8. Whats your favourite kind of drink:
Tea first thing, a good coffee later, a cold beer in the afternoon sun and a good glass of red or white-depends on the temperature. All poured by someone else of course.
9. What makes you bored:
Doing nothing…I wish I was better at it.
10. What would be the hardest thing for you to give up:
11. What were you like a school:
Mischief. I went to a convent school and some of the nuns were fierce. You had to rebel!
12. What is your one weakness:
I have many, so Dan tells me!
13. Who was you first celebrity crush pop star and film star:
The blonde girl from ABBA and Micky Rourke in 9 1/2 weeks.
14. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 72, and find line 9, what does it say:
Page 72 has a sketch of a Moroccan or Indian entrance…Alain De Botton’s The Art of Travel.
15. Tell us something we don’t know about you:
I was kicked out of an ambulance after collapsing in the 2011 Brighton Marathon. Bonkers.
16. Who is your sporting hero:
I have to say it was both of my girls the day I took them to a race up at Hassocks and realised I had forgotten their trainers. Teo (who had never met them until that morning) looked after them while I raced back to Brighton to get their runners, broke every speed restriction on the way back, handed them to a random stranger who passed them over to Teo who then managed to get them on the girls a minute or two after the start. Thankfully they didn’t finish last and had a smile on their face at the end.
17. What one thing do you like to do the most:
Spending time with family and friends eating and drinking.
18. Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous:
Spontaneity always rewards.
19. Quote a line from one of your favourite songs:
Please please please let me get what I want…
20. When was the last time you got on a public bus:
Certainly within the last 3 months. I try to avoid it as the no7 is painfully slow.
Our biggest thanks to Kirsty for her Q&A’s and a another set of great answers this week. Check back next Wednesday for another set of Q&A’s with our chosen club member.