For this weeks chosen member, we are joined by the man with the biggest running stride that you will ever see. I believe that one of his strides equates to 3 for the average runner. He has a big smile with a big heart and truly a gentleman of a modern day era. For those of you that have had the pleasure of running with Michael then you will know all about him already but he really is the most genuine guy you could wish to meet. A relaxed persona and very un-phased about much in his life. Michael has recently got married and now settling in to the marriage and running balance. A much respected athlete by his peers with a lot of potential still to come and so ladies and gentlemen please be upstanding for Mr Michael Barker.
Name: Michael Barker
1. When did you join Arena:
2. How long have you been running:
Age 10-13, then started again in 2012.
3. Where did you grow up:
4. What is your weirdest “quirk”:
I can open a beer bottle with my toes.
5. What types of holidays do you prefer:
6. What’s your favourite film:
7. Best live band you have seen:
Mumford and sons.
8. Have you got or ever had a nickname:
Bad Boy Barker & Mackerel
9. Are you usually late, early or right on time person:
10. What would be the hardest thing for you to give up:
11. What is your goal for 2017:
Sub 17 for the 5K.
12. What do you get most excited about:
13. Have you ever had a celebrity crush:
14. Why do you run:
Therapy & Pleasure.
15. Tell us something we don’t know about you:
I love Reggae.
16. Who is your sporting hero:
17. What would you say to your younger self:
Work hard & don’t worry about the small things, there’s more to life.
18. Grab the nearest book or magazine, turn to page 58, and find line 10, what do the first 10 words say:
So far we have this dismembered torso of what looks.
19. What is your one weakness:
20. At this moment in time what can you hear:
Lisa singing ‘Touch’ by Little Mix (badly).
Our biggest thanks to Michael for his Q&A’s this week and we hope that you feel that you have now got to know Michael a little better. Check back next Wednesday for another set of Q&A’s with our chosen club member.