Name: Michele Saunders
Role on committee: WSFRL Rep
1. When did you join Arena: 2014
2. How long have you been running: Since April 2004. Took part in a 10 weeks beginners course & got instantly hooked 🙂 The rest is history.
3. Where did you grow up: Sale, Cheshire (I’m a Northerner).
4. What do you consider to be the biggest world events of your lifetime?: Man landing on the moon; England winning the World Cup in 1966 & seeing Take That live after they had reformed (without Robbie Williams though).
5. What are you most proud of in your life: Overcoming the challenges of being a single parent & bringing up my daughter, Jess, who is now at University studying Music (very proud Mum).
6. What were you like a school: I was a ‘chubster’ + mediocre at everything.
7. What do you think is best feeling in the world: Spending quality time with my friends & family.
8. Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows: I tried but can’t see if I can but my forehead wiggled up & down?!
9. Tell us about something you’ve achieved: Waking up everyday 🙂
10. What makes you laugh: My daughter, Jess makes me LOL
11. Tell us something we don’t know about you: I served in Her Majesty’s Armed Forces.
12. What is the best TV theme song ever: The Persuaders with Tony Curtis & Roger Moore (showing my age).
13. What do you do to relax: Meeting friends for coffee/wine, always good fun & a great way to relax.
14. You were just given a yacht. What would you name it: ‘Sir Ossis of the River’ or ”Sea Sharp’.
15. Which store or website would you choose to max out your credit card: Hmm, not sure maybe NEXT and John Lewis & then probably Wiggle
16. What is one goal you’d like to accomplish during your lifetime: My main goal is to be a good role model to my daughter.
17. What’s your favourite thing to do in the summer: BBQ with family & friends.
18. Are you a morning or night person: Definitely a morning person.
19. What is your favorite song: Take That ‘Never Forget’.
20. Who is your sporting hero: Andre Agassi, I had a piece printed in the Today newspaper in 1992 as I was obsessed with him!!