Name: Steve McNealy
Role on committee: Men’s cross country captain / kit supplier
1. When did you join Arena:
It was a long time ago – must be over 10 years now…………..Ask Jenny (club secretary for those that don’t know Jenny),.
2. How long have you been running:
Started with Fittleworth Flyers in 2000 before joining a “proper club”
3. Where did you grow up:
Was born in Scotland and moved to Brighton when I was 6 and been here ever since.
4. What advice would you give to someone just starting out running:
If you don’t enjoy it, do another sport, also buy a size bigger trainer as your feet swell and this stops you losing your toe nails!!!!!!!
5. If money was no object what one thing would you do:
Pay off everyone’s mortgage.
6. What is your favourite song or album ever:
Tainted love by Soft Cell.
7. What’s the greatest inventions ever:
Marmalade, Tarmac, Pneumatic tyres, Telephones, Television, Bicycles and Penicillin, — all invented by a Scottish person of course.
8. What do you do to relax:
I never sit still, as my family will tell you, but mainly it is getting out running.
9. Who is your sporting hero:
Peter Knee…………….. he keeps me motivated and is my running partner, can always rely on him when feeling crap or injured.
10. What’s the first thing you do in the morning:
Open my eyes and go for a wee.
11. Have you ever had or do you have a nickname:
Satnav Steve, as I navigated each day when we ran from Norway to England in 14 days.
12. Do you ever sing or dance at home:
Yes but neither very well.
13. Have you any fears or phobias:
Needles, blood and heights.
14. When was the last time you laughed hysterically:
The other night watching Mrs Brown’s Boys.
15. Tell us something we don’t know about you:
Probably OCD when wanting things to be clean and tidy – hate a mess.
16. What is your favourite piece of running kit:
The club vest – what else could beat that.
17. Grab the nearest book or magazine, turn to page 21, find line 8, what do the first 10 words say:
One of my best memories of childhood in Djibouti is the food. ( who can guess what I was reading then).
18. Have you ever had any fashion faux pas:
Never really been into fashion – people either take me as they find me or not at all.
19. What do you think about the most:
Sex – after being married for 27 years that’s all you can do…………
20. What’s the last photo you took on your phone:
My backside, where it was black and blue from tearing my hamstring.
My thanks to Steve McNealy for taking part in this weeks Q&A’s. We’ll have another committee member for next Wednesdays set of Q&A’s.