For this week’s choice we have our first double whammy of the get to know series. Think The Doctor & Rose Tyker, Superman & Lois Lane, Mulder & Scully, Kate & Lee Turnbull. We are treated to a double whammy of answers this week as we indulge ourselves into the lives of this fine pairing that seem to complement each other so well. Each one a lovely individual and always offers something to a party but as a two-some they are just a lovely couple to be with so lets find out a little more about The Turnbull’s.
Name: Kate and Lee Turnbull
1. When and why did you join Arena:
Kate: Jan 2000, we joined Arena as we had just relocated to Brighton from Birmingham and we was looking for a club which could offer us a social life as well as keeping fit. After researching the local clubs Arena ticked all our boxes.
Lee: As above.
2. How long have you been running:
Kate: 16 years and still plodding at the back with Coach Michelle imorovers group.
Lee: I started running when I met Kate 10 years ago, and I’m still trying to run away from her.
3. Where did you grow up:
Kate: Redditch, South Birmingham.
Lee: Paisley Scotland, Islington, Birmingham, Brighton and still trying to grow up.
4. What do the last five words of the last text sent to you say:
Kate: Merry Christmas, I love you. (to my best pal Lynsey).
Lee: Your so God damn hot.
5. What types of holidays do you prefer:
Kate. There isn’t a holiday I don’t like. I like doing nothing on a beach, exploring, activities etc…. As long as there is sun I’m happy.
Lee. Beachy hot.
6. Apart from running what else do you do with your free time:
Lee. I love following my beloved Glasgow Rangers.
7. What would your epitaph say:
Kate. Nothing, plant a tree instead
Lee. “shot happens”.
8. Tell us about something you would happily do again:
Kate, God travelling.
Lee, get married.
9. What makes you bored:
Kate I’m too busy for being bored.
Lee: Nothing boredom is a frame of mind.
10. What would be the hardest thing for you to give up:
11. What were you like a school:
Kate. Quiet, shy, boring.
Lee. Thick and wee.
12. What is your one weakness:
Lee. Drugs, alcohol and sex.
13. Who was you first celebrity crush pop star and film star:
Kate. Stephen Gateley of Boyzone fame.
Lee. David Cassiday, Donny Osmond.
14. What are the three most used apps on your phone:
Kate. Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp.
Lee. News now rangers, WhatsApp, snapchat.
15. Tell us something we don’t know about you
Kate: & Lee: We once did the 3 peaks 24 hour challenge and completed it with 30 seconds to spare.
16. Who is your sporting hero:
Kate. My famous hero is Sally Gunnell but my more realistic hero is people who I admire from the club as these people are more realistic to me. I’m keeping them to myself but they are not the speediest more the slower ones who keep coming back and keep trying.
Lee: Ali McCoist and Paul Gasgoine.
17. What one thing do you like to do the most:
Kate: be with my family, relaxing and chatting and eating.
Lee: eating and watching Glasgow Rangers.
18. What’s the best thing about living in Brighton:
Kate: The seaside. I love seeing the sea every day.
Lee: I love everything.
19. What was the best thing about 2016 for you:
Kate. Having an all expenses 5 star weeks holiday paid for by my boss.
Lee: Still being alive, not like all the celebrities this year.
20. What are you most looking forward to in 2017:
Kate. More holidays.
Lee: More fun back in the run.
Our biggest thanks to Kate & Lee for thier Q&A’s this week and we hope that you feel that you have now got to know them both a little better. Check back next Wednesday for another set of Q&A’s with our chosen club member.