We are very happy to shape up this week’s Q&A’s with one of the stayers of Arena 80. Starting off September to weigh in with his get to know answers, he is under starters orders and with a lovely photo finish. Here is a man who is a classic although there may be a stewards enquiry out on this. A man for all-weather and definitely someone keen to be seen in the winners enclosure. Let’s bolt upright and take a hold of this post to read at length one of the nicest athletes you will ever get to meet and never seen without a smile. Ladies and gentlemen I give you Del Wallace. Don’t worry it doesn’t go on furlong. (Admin apologies for so many inexcusable puns).
Name: Del Wallace
1. When and why did you join Arena:
2. How long have you been running:
Since March 2009.
3. Where did you grow up:
4. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go:
Peru – Inca Trail…..fascinating place.
5. Apart from running what else do you do with your time:
WORK! Riding racehorses every day! Love listening & dancing to trance music.
6. What would you say to your younger self:
Be more dedicated.
7. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be:
Roast beef dinner with all the trimmings.
8. What’s your favourite website:
Sky Sports. Love my sports.
9. Who is your sporting hero:
Alessandro Del Piero. Always wanted to play football like him as a kid…..He was a brilliant player.
10. What is your favourite album ever:
Oasis – What’s the story morning glory. First album I bought….. Fab!
11. Have you ever had or do you have a nickname:
Many nicknames over the years but the two most used are Diego & Del Piero.
12. What makes you happy:
Going out for a nice meal with my girlfriend.
13. What was the last thing you bought:
Lionel Richie tickets for Las Vegas this month….Excited!! (Admin says “he has been running with Al Silvester far too long”).
14. What’s something you miss the most from childhood:
Playing football on the green and having no worries.
15. What’s something we don’t know about you:
I have a 16 year old daughter and I’m also a qualified barber.
16. What’s the one thing you can’t live without:
Chocolate and biscuits!
17. What is the hardest thing you ever had to do:
First race ride at Newmarket. The pressure of getting it right for the trainer and owner.
18. What are your three most used apps:
Sky Sports, Strava and Twitter.
19. What were you like at school:
Sporty and stroppy!
20. What’s the last photo you took on your phone:
My number 666 @ Newick 10k. It brought the little devil out in me.
Our biggest thanks to Del for his Q&A’s and a great insight to this man. Check back next Wednesday for another set of Q&A’s with our chosen club member.