For this weeks chosen member, we are joined by one of the most improved athletes from the last 2 years. To see how Kristina has grown in her running has been a real joy to watch. A quiet lady who just gets on with it and does the business when the show starts. She is one of the, what I call, four pack and can often be seen along side her running buddies of Bob Potipher, Emma Habba and Jo Philimore which actually make up a great team. Kristina is a real pleasure to have at the club and a great asset to the ladies team as well. Please raise your lighters in the air and lets meet Kristina Hine.
Name: Kristina Hine
1. When and why did you join Arena:
October 2013 – thought it was about time I did some training.
2. How long have you been running:
I’d always liked running but never trained properly until I joined arena. I ‘ran’ the 2010 Brighton marathon in 6 hours 19 and have improved my time nearly every year since.
3. Where did you grow up:
In Gillingham in Kent where my family all still live.
4. What do the last five words of the last text sent to you say:
‘Will call back when they go. Sorry’ from my mum.
5. What were your hobbies as a child:
I played football for teams from age 6 to 20.
6. How long does it take you to get ready to go out:
I’m quick at getting ready so 15/20minutes.
7. If you could have dinner with 3 people past or present, who would you choose:
Kelly Sotherton, Emma Watson and Paul Scholes.
8. What’s your favourite kind of drink:
9. Do you sing out aloud when you are on your own:
Not even I want to have to hear that
10. What would be the hardest thing for you to give up:
11. What were you like a school:
Shy, lazy with schoolwork but good at PE.
12. What is your one weakness:
Anything with sugar – chocolate, sweets, biscuits, fizzy drinks.
13. Who was you first celebrity crush pop star and film star:
Can’t really remember Peter Andre maybe.
14. Grab the book nearest or magazine, turn to page 55, and find line 14, what does it say:
“And yet I felt a clear sense that he also enjoys celebrity status” from Mike Bannister’s book – running for the b-team.
15. Tell us something we don’t know about you:
I was a volunteer at the 2012 Olympics. I was a steward at the Olympic stadium – it was amazing.
16. Who is your sporting hero:
17. If you were given a yacht, what would you name it:
I’m the least creative person ever so I would call it ‘HMS yacht’.
18. Apart from running what else do you like to do in your free time:
I go to the cinema all the time and if I’m not at the cinema I’m watching tv.
19. Tell us something you would like to accomplish during your lifetime:
I’m a simple being and I’d just like a family, a decent job and some good holidays.
20. If you had to describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be:
Motivated, independent and passionate.
Our biggest thanks to Kristina for her Q&A’s this week and we hope that you feel that you have now got to know Kristina a little better. Check back next Wednesday for another set of Q&A’s with our chosen club member.