Name: Graham Shorter
Role on committee: Treasurer
1. When did you join Arena: I didn’t know it was coming apart (1989)
2. Why did you choose Arena: No one else would have me.
3. How long have you been running: Flatterer, I’d hardly call it running.
4. What got you started: Jump leads
5. Isn’t running boring: Only when you have to go round the track more than once.
6. What was the best advice you have ever been given: Give up.
7. What is your biggest accomplishment in your life sporting or non: First sub 3 hour marathon, ad being married for 36 years oh and going sub 70 for first time in golf.
8. Who is your sporting hero: Bob Page
9. What’s your running song: I would walk 500 miles (in my dreams)
10. What’s your favourite piece of running kit: The old trainers that I threw away not all that long ago. we’d been through a lot together
11. If you didn’t run what else would you be doing: Snoring
12. What’s your biggest inspiration: Bob Page
13. What would you say to your younger self: Don’t do it
14. What’s your favourite place on earth: Withdean on a cold, wet, windy Monday night.
15. What’s the one thing you can’t live without: Food, I adore it!
16. What’s your favourite food: Difficult this, either Mr Whippy ice cream or Banoffee pie (or both together)
17. What’s the greatest invention ever: Food
18. What would be your dream sandwich: Bacon, egg, sausage, onion
19. What’s your favourite word or phrase: That’s tonight’s session finished
20. Anything else you’d like to share: Not my food, that’s for sure