With all the committee members now complete, we now turn our attention to our club members. We get the ball rolling with one of the clubs longest serving members and an Arena Stalwart. Caroline Hoyte has represented Great Britain and held national titles during her running career. Caroline still has so much drive and determination which this photo captures perfectly from just last week. Caroline is pretty adept to most distances and has a personal best at 5k of 16.26 and going right up to a half marathon time of 76.57. Meet Caroline Hoyte.
Name: Caroline Hoyte
1. When did you join Arena:
2. How long have you been running:
I started running about a year before then.
3. Where did you grow up:
Kingston upon Thames.
4. Why did you choose to join Arena:
Because they had a strong women’s section.
5. How many pairs of trainers do you have:
I have quite a few pairs of trainers I know, I know. But come on…I’m married to the owner of a running shop so temptation is dangled in front of me on a daily basis! (admin says: The Run Shop in Blatchington Road, great service & great running shoes).
6. Who is your sporting hero:
7. Define a moment in your life:
When I first set eyes on my husband to be….majestically running full throttle with dreadlocks flying in the wind.
8. What’s on your bucket list:
Huh! I’m looking forward to writing one when (if?!) the children leave home.
9. Can you touch your nose with your tongue:
10. Who in your life has influenced you the most:
Kurt. (admin says: Husband).
11. What were you like a school:
Careless (according to my reports).
12. What’s your favourite kind of drink:
13. What’s your favourite brand of sportswear:
Currently I’m loving my On trainers.
14. What’s your favourite music / song / band:
15. Apart from running, what else do you do with your free time:
I sing in a choir.
16. What types of books do you like to read:
17. Something or someone you miss the most from childhood:
18. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up:
Running (I was hell to live with when I was pregnant!).
19. What in your opinion was your best race:
Hyde Park women’s 5k challenge 2010. I ran a pb and was even on the telly for the first couple of kilometres!
20. Tell us something we don’t know about you:
I play Scrabble a lot.
Our biggest thanks to Caroline for this week’s Q&A’s. Caroline holds several of our Arena club records which can be found under our results section of our website and can often been found at our training session on a Thursday chasing her son Ruben who is a fine up and coming junior into the running scene.