For this weeks chosen club member we are joined by the girl who seems to pop up everywhere and none more so than being run director at the Hove Prom parkrun. She gives so much back to the sport of running and to the running community and always done with a smile and so much enthusiasm. A recent member to join the Arena family but a fine ambassador to fly the Arena flag. Let’s find out about more about Georgia Steers.
1. Where did you grow up:
2. What was the last thing you ate:
3. Where’s your favourite hangout place:
I wouldn’t say it’s my favourite place, but I seem to spend an awful lot of time at Withdean!!
4. What’s your biggest inspiration:
My mum. I hate to say it, but she really does know everything!!!
5. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be:
Roast chicken, roast potatoes and all the trimmings.
6. What 1 thing would you take with you on a deserted island (not human):
My cat, Tiggy.
7. Who is your sporting hero:
8. What types of holidays do you prefer:
I like all holidays! Si and I love travelling loads. We love getting our maps and guide books and exploring new cities.
9. Is there anything you hope to achieve in the next 5 years:
There’s a few things I want to achieve in the next few years. I want to travel more and see some of the places on my bucket list. I also keep going on to Si that I want to skydive. I can’t quite convince him that its a good idea though, so I might have to do that one on my own.
10. What makes you happy:
My friends, family, cats, running and Malbec to name a few things
11. What’s your all-time favourite film:
I change my mind on this so often!! Right now, it’s probably Burlesque.
12. What is your motto in life:
I don’t really have a motto, but I quite like what’s on my new headband: No pain, No champagne.
13. What’s something we don’t know about you:
I am a qualified personal trainer and spin instructor.
14. What’s the one thing you can’t live without:
15. Describe your childhood days:
Full of lots of fun and laughter. I spent most of my childhood with my best friend Natalie who lived just up the road. She was the loud one and I was really quiet and shy!!!
16. What makes you go wow:
The beauty of nature
17. First celebrity crush:
Leonardo Dicaprio, I was totally in love with him when I was 16!
18. Name 3 (dead or alive) people you would like to have round for dinner:
Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister and the Queen of Dragons so I can find out what is going to happen in the last series of Game of Thrones.
Our biggest thanks to Georgia for her Q&A’s this week and we hope that you feel that you have now got to know Georgia a little better now. Check back next Wednesday for another set of Q&A’s with our chosen club member.