For this week’s choice we meet the junior of the club. For those that regularly do parkruns then you will often see Henry running with his sister, mum (Sue Brumwell and dad (Michael Miller). Although Henry maybe classed as a junior, but he is held in high esteem by his running peers. He has made huge leaps in terms of his running ability and his personal racing times and it has been a real pleasure to watch his progression over the last few years to see what a fine athlete he has turned in to now. He is a fine role model for any other juniors looking to race or to join a running club and is a popular member of the club. However he is more than just an athlete and there is more to Henry than just running so let’s find out what makes Henry Miller tick.
Name: Henry Miller
1.When and why did you join Arena:
Because my parents made me, I suspect to save on babysitting costs.
2. How long have you been running:
Since I was 5 so 11 years.
3. Where did you grow up:
I have not yet grown up.
4. Which three words describe you best:
Quirky, quirky, quirky (did they need to be different?).
5. Apart from running what else do you do with your free time:
Play Flute with Brighton Youth Orchestra and have a passion for Cooking and all things Botanical.
6. What’s been the highlight of 2016:
Getting my Grade 8 flute last week and of course my 17:38 at Parkrun.
7. Tell me about something you would happily do again:
Ski ‘The Face’ in Val d’isere with my sister Scarlett.
8. Quote a line from one of your favourite songs:
‘The wheels on the bus go round and round’.
9. Who is your sporting hero:
10. What are you most looking forward to in 2017:
Touring Poland with the Brighton Youth Orchestra.
11. Have you anything on your bucket list that you would like to do:
Study biological sciences at the University of Sussex.
12. What are your three most used apps:
Messages, notes and QR reader…says a lot!
13. What makes you laugh:
People who should never wear crop tops but still do.
14. What kind of books do you like to read:
Any new scientist publications.
15. Tell us something we don’t know about you:
I play airsoft.
16. What do you think about the most:
My beautiful Tree frogs, i’ve just ordered some.
17. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch:
Air, lots of it.
18. When are you at your happiest:
19. Is there one thing that really irritates you:
My sister singing.
20. What has been you all-time favourite film:
127 hours….which is about the same as my dad’s (Michael Miller) 5K time.
Our biggest thanks to Henry for his Q&A’s this week and we hope that you feel that you have now got to know Henry a little better. Check back next Wednesday for another set of Q&A’s with our chosen club member.