Paul is a staunch member of Arena 80.. please meet:
Name: Paul “Snakehips” Gasson
1. When did you join Arena:
About 20 years ago
2. How long have you been running:
About 30 years
3. Where did you grow up:
4. Do you like chocolate and if so what’s your favourite:
5. Apart from running what else do you do with your free time:
Most of my spare time is with family, two daughters, Claudia (25) and Rosie (9) and Gillian of course…..and Mr Charlie our big hairy dog.
6. What music are you listening to at the moment:
I’ve always listened to all genres; from blues, reggae, punk, prog rock, indie, folk but at the moment my favourites are Elbow, Teleman, BB King and Half Man Half Biscuit………..oh and Throbbing Gristle.
7. Tell me about something you would happily do again:
8. What website do you visit the most:
My online banking, every day without fail!
9. Who is your sporting hero:
10. Tell me about someone you really admire:
Winston Churchill (not the one in the insurance advert!)
11. Have you anything on your bucket list that you still want to do:
See the Albion in the Premiership!
12. What makes you happy:
Seeing the Albion win, seeing my daughters succeed at whatever they try.
13. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go:
Tristan da Kuhna, an incredibly remote island in miles from anywhere.
14. Name 3 people (dead or alive) you would like to sit in a pub with:
BB King (with his guitar) Yuri Gargarin, the first man in space and Rhod Gilbert, the comedian.
15. Tell us something we don’t know about you:
I used to be a bouncer in a night club in Croydon!!!! It’s true……..and I play the bongos.
16. How often do you check your phone:
17. What is your biggest accomplishment in your life sporting or non:
In sport; being ranked 6th in the world in 2015 for the mile in the V60’s (thanks Joe Ashley)
18. What gives you a buzz:
19. If you didn’t run what other sport would you like to have done:
I absolutely loved playing football, but I wasn’t very good and seldom got picked. In fact if I wanted a game I’d arrange one just so I could play!
20. What’s the last concert or gig that you went to:
Not sure, it was either Alt J or Dr Feelgood
Our biggest thanks to Paul for this week’s Q&A’s and you will very often find Paul at the various parkruns on Saturdays.