We are joined this week by Ms parkrun herself – Isobel Muir. Isobel can very often been found competing at the various parkruns around Brighton & Hove and has to date notched up an impressive 281parkruns which is a few pairs of trainers to go through we’re guessing. She is also a very humorous lady so if you haven’t had the pleasure then do introduce yourself.
Name: Isobel Muir
1. When did you join Arena:
2010 ish perhaps (defected from B&H).
2. How long have you been running:
Since 2007 I think (used to be a sprinter at school).
3. Where did you grow up:
4. What was the last thing you ate:
A packet of crisps.
5. Where’s your favourite hangout place:
On my sofa under my cat.
6. Which is your favourite four-legged creature and why?
Cats. Because they look at you with utter disdain and generally think they are the greatest.
I wish I could be like them so life would be a breeze.
7. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be:
Cheese on toast with marmite.
8. What 1 thing would you take with you on a deserted island:
The world’s longest and best book.
9. Are you old-fashioned?
Yes in many respects though I do love my iPhone and wouldn’t be without it.
10. Are you usually late, early or right on time?
Very early but I’m trying to temper that to right on time.
11. Tell me about your favourite book, magazine or comic?
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster.
12. What makes you happy:
13. What’s your all-time favourite film:
14. Whats your middle name?
I don’t have one.
15. What music are you listening to right now?
At Night I Think About You by MNEK. It’s on the radio so not my choice.
16. What’s the one thing you can’t live without:
Wifi (though I survived Devon – just).
17. Describe your childhood days:
Quiet. Active. Mainly spent playing football/cricket/40-40 in the road.
18. Why do you run:
To try and keep relatively sane.
19. First celebrity crush:
20. How often do you check your phone?
Our biggest thanks to Isobel for this week’s Q&A’s and you can find Isobel at the Arena 80 Hove Prom parkrun this Saturday.