This week’s choice is a very laid back character but someone who always brings something to the laughter table. Having been injured for many months, he is now making a very competent comeback and showing al the signs of coming back to good form. This week’s chosen member comes from Andy Payne and the other half of last week’s chosen member , Louise Payne so you could say our first Q&A’s double. Lets find out some more about Andy Payne.
Name: Andy Payne
1. When and why did you join Arena:
I was approached to join in 2002.
2. How long have you been running:
3. Where did you grow up:
4. Which three words describe you best:
Quiet, anxious, knob!
5. Apart from running what else do you do with your free time:
Cycling, gym, alcohol.
6. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this week:
Barns Green Half Marathon.
7. Tell me about something you would happily do again:
8. What was your favourite subject at school:
Tried not to attend.
9. Who is your sporting hero:
Lance Armstrong (I know!!).
10. What one thing can you not bring yourself to throw away:
The running shoes I wore in Brighton Marathon 2010.
11. Have you anything on your bucket list that you still want to do:
An Iron Man.
12. What is your favourite drink:
Ice cold beer.
13. Do you have any superstitions:
14. Name 3 people (dead or alive) you would like to sit in a pub with:
Lance Armstrong – why?, my Dad (no longer here) to tell him I’m doing alright and Dave Gilmour and his guitar.
15. Tell us something we don’t know about you:
I was the runner up in the 1999 National 24 hour time trial cycling championships with a distance of 475 miles.
16. Apart from your partner, who would you choose to be marooned on a desert island with:
Madonna(not Pam Ferris!!).
17. Quote a line from one of your favourite songs:
‘Me I’m just a lawnmower, you can tell me by the way I walk’. (admin says: this is from Genesis – “I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)”).
18. Which time period would you visit in history:
I like the present day.
19. If you didn’t run what other sport would you like to have done:
20. What was the last book you read:
Inside Team Sky by David Walsh.
Our biggest thanks to Andy for his Q&A’s and nice to know a little more about the man himself. Check back next Wednesday for another set of Q&A’s with our chosen club member.