For this week’s chosen member we are joined by the man who doesn’t mind pushing the boundaries when it comes to crazy hair. If you don’t know Luke by name then you will certainly know by sight. A great character to have at Arena and someone I’ve not really had the chance to get to know as of yet but having read his answers, he definitely someone worth getting to know in the very near future, so Luke Carter take it away…
Name: Luke Carter
1. When and why did you join Arena:
I joined in September of 2017. I looked for a club to join shortly after moving to Brighton because I had reached a bit of a plateau in my running and thought that I may be able to learn some things from club runners and trying to be competitive with them. From the web site, Arena looked liked a nice balance between people who liked to run and people who liked to have a good time.
2. How long have you been running:
I was running for a little while in my early twenties, though didn’t run for a number of years as cycling took its place. Then I picked it up again just over two years ago, which is when I fell in love with it, and found myself actually looking forward to runs!
3. Where did you grow up:
A small town in West Sussex, Petworth.
4. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning:
Why do I keep waking up at 4:30am on Saturdays?
5. What do you do for fun:
Run, is the obvious answer, though I also like to dance badly at indie club nights.
6. What’s the first thing you notice about somebody
Their demeanor, whether they are approachable.
7. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be:
Vegetarian roast dinner with lots of veg and onion gravy.
8. What’s your favourite app on your phone:
By usage I’d say Strava, though that’s followed closely by Whatsapp and Duolingo.
9. Who is your sporting hero:
I don’t follow sport really, though did watch the world cup, so I’ll say Harry Kane.
10. Without looking, guess what time it is and how close were you:
12:15, I was 4 minutes off.
11. Have you ever had or do you have a nickname:
Not since primary school, look at my surname and think flatulence, they weren’t very inventive in Primary School.
12. What makes you happy:
Dancing, running, home time and a good beer.
13. What was the last film you watched:
Extinction on Netflix.
14. What type of music do you like most:
Electronic Indie music.
15. What’s something we don’t know about you:
I once won a nationwide game programming competition, and a trip to L.A.
16. What would be your perfect evening:
Dancing like an idiot to synth music, with lots of shandies, after a long run.
17. What are your favourite sweets:
18. What was the first song you ever purchased:
Either ‘You’re not alone’ by Olive or ‘Naked’ by Louise Nerding.
19. What was the last thing you bought:
Pea crisps and alcohol free wheat beer.
20. What’s the best thing about living in Brighton:
The night life that’s a walk away, the short commute to work and the proximity to the South Downs.
Our biggest thanks to Luke for his Q&A’s this week and we hope that you feel that you have now got to know Luke a little better. Check back next Wednesday for another set of Q&A’s with our chosen club member.