Name: Marc Bonaldi
Role on committee: Social rep / web admin
1. When did you join Arena:
2. How long have you been running:
3. Where did you grow up:
Brighton born and bred.
4. What advice would you give to someone just starting out running:
Don’t get hung up on speed and times, don’t always listen to music when you’re running and try to take it in what’s around you.
5. Tell me about something you would happily do again:
Diving with whale sharks or the skydive from 13000 feet.
6. What is your favourite song or album ever:
Back to the 80’s – Anything by Wham or George Michael.
7. What’s the greatest invention ever:
The internet. There is now so much knowledge at your fingertips and communication is so much easier.
8. What’s the first thing you notice about people:
A smile, humour or laughter (sorry that’s 3 then).
9. Who is your sporting hero:
Paula <3 is always up there but I have so much admiration for Jessica Ennis just because she is a complete all-rounder at so many track and field events.
10. What’s the first thing you do in the morning:
Yawn, fart, burp, scratch then open my eyes.
11. Have you ever had or do you have a nickname:
Always been Baldy.
12. Tell me about someone you really admire:
I admire anyone that tries their best in whatever they do. My current attention of admiration would be Bob Page. The wealth of knowledge he has as a coach and athletics is incredible. He is an inspiration to so many of past and present.
13. Grab the nearest book or magazine, turn to page 68, and find line 11, what do the first 10 words say:
…enough to be coached by John Anderson who looked after…. (Vassos Alexander – Don’t stop me now – 26.2 tales of a runner’s obsession).
14. What’s your most used word / phrase:
Word = amazing, phrase = Always a pleasure never a chore.
15. Tell us something we don’t know about you:
I was the first dj in Brighton to be mixing using CD’s and I used to have my own radio show on an internet station (Skywave Radio).
16. If you could have lunch with 3 people dead or alive who would you choose:
Neil Armstrong, Ricky Gervias and John Lennon.
17. If you could do anything right now what would you do:
I would play the saxophone over a house beat (I can’t play though). This guy does it well but it’s not to everyone’s taste https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltXhkaKCfls
18. Have you ever had any fashion faux pas:
So many but I do remember trying to carry off the Miami Vice (Don Johnson) look and doing it very badly.
19. What was the last thing you dressed up as for fancy dress:
The super heroes run on the Hove Prom – Super Great Britain beer belly man as per picture above.
20. Have you any quirky habits:
If I have bare feet then I have to put something between my toes i.e at night I put the duvet between them, on a beach –pebbles, in a field – grass etc etc.
Our biggest thanks to Marc for this week’s Q&A’s. This is the last of the committee members so we hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know all of the committee and the club captains. They give up so much of their time, energy and effort which helps to keep the club RUNNING the way that it does which helps to make this such a great club to be a part of. Without them Arena 80 wouldn’t be the club that it is today and for this we must thank them all.